BMW Oil Consumption Class Action Lawsuit
- Those in the US who owned a 2009-2014 BMW 5 series, 6 series, 7 series, X5, or X6 vehicle equipped with an N63 engine will want to read more
- The lawsuit is entitled Bang v. BMW of North America LLC and Bavarian Motor Works
- The last day to file a claim is 10/10/18
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ENTERING (⇊ ⇊ ⇊ ⇊)
BMW Oil Consumption Class Action Lawsuit Class members are defined as anyone in the United States or Puerto Rico who currently own or lease, or previously owned or leased, certain U.S. specification model-year 2009-2014 BMW 5 series, 6 series, 7 series, X5, or X6 vehicles equipped with an N63 engine purchased or leased in the United States or Puerto Rico.
Class members not happy with the settlement have until 8/23/18 to exclude themselves.
BMW will be represented by Christopher J. Dalton and Daniel Z. Rivlin from the law firm of BUCHANAN INGERSOLL & ROONEY PC.
Class members who file valid claims will be represented by Matthew D. Schelkopf, Joseph G. Sauder, Joseph B. Kenney, David C. Wright, and Richard D. McCune.
- Listed as case number 2:15-cv-06945-MCA-SCM
- Pending in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- A settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 9/10/2018
- BMW Oil Consumption class members do not need to attend the hearing in order to receive settlement benefits
Proof of Purchase Needed?
If Class Members are seeking compensation for additional oil or battery expenses, they must provide a copy of the relevant invoice and a copy of the receipt of payment. The invoice must contain the VIN, mileage, date of service, service provided, and amount due. More information is available in #6 of the settlement administrator’s FAQ page.
Any questions in regards to the Bang Settlement can be directed to toll free 1-877-832-4402 or email [email protected]
Class members looking to reach out via US Mail can write to: Bang Settlement Administrator – 6013 P.O. Box 44 Minneapolis, MN 55440-0044.